Computer Lab Rules:
- No food or beverage of any kind is allowed in the Computer Lab (KC216) OR
the PC Classroom (KC113), at any time. I’m sure the student’s would rather see
their technology fees spent on new software, better computers, etc., than
having to pay someone to clean the keyboards and mice of spilled foods and
drinks that were not supposed to be in the lab or classroom in the first
- The Computer Lab (KC216) hours are as follows:
Monday thru Thursday 9:00am until 10:00pm
Friday 9:00am until 6:00pm
Saturday 9:00am until 5:00pm
Sunday 9:00am until 8:00pm
- Student file storage in the Student Shared folder on the Server in the COB
lab is at best volatile.
The individual student is ultimately responsible for the safety and safe
keeping of their own data. Backups will be done on a periodic basis, however,
no guarantees are ‘expressed or implied’ regarding the frequency, safety, or
‘restorability’ of those backups.
- Also, the students need to be aware that the Student Shared folder
is reviewed and cleaned on a daily basis to remove ANY: *.MP3 files, *.wav
files, and any *.jpg, *.bmp, *.avi, *.mpeg that does not fit the published
Acceptable Use Guidelines.
- Any peer-to-peer networking / file sharing services such as Napster,
Morpheus, Kazaa, etc. are expressly forbidden by CINS rules and policies. Any
student found attempting to install such an application will risk losing their