- Sustainable IS
- Special Education Data Management
- Online Entrepreneurship
- AI/Expert Systems
- Decision Support Systems
- Web Data Management (Data Quality)
See my Research Statement for more detailed information on my research interests.
- Website Development
- Social Media
- Data Management and Ethics
- Web Services and Service Oriented Architecture
- Electronic Commerce
See my Teaching Philosophy for more detailed information on my teaching interests.
- Ph.D., Business Administration: Computer Information Systems, Arizona State University, May 2000
- M.S., Information Management, Arizona State University, December 1998
- M.B.A., Arizona State University West, May 1996
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of California at Irvine, June 1985
- 2013-2016, 2022-present: University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado, Associate Dean of Programs, the Business School.
- 2019-2022 University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado, Discipline Director Information Systems.
- 2016-present: University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado, Professor of Information Systems.
- 2016-present: University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado, Director of Accreditation and Assessment, The Business School.
- 2008-2016: University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado, Associate Professor of Information Systems.
- 2012: University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado, Interim Director of the Bard Center for Entrepreneurship.
- 2010-2011: University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado, Administrative Director of the Bard Center for Entrepreneurship.
- 2001-2008: University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado, Assistant Professor.
- 2000-2001: Arizona State University West, Phoenix, Arizona, Visiting Assistant Professor.
- 1996- 2000: Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, Graduate Associate.
- 2007-2015: Developing Minds Software, Denver, Colorado, Founder/CEO
- 1987-1993: SPARTA, Advanced Technology Systems Operation, Brea, California, Senior Research Engineer
- 1989-1991: PDA Engineering, PATRAN Training Department, Santa Ana, California, Consultant
- 1984-1987: PDA Engineering, Solid Mechanics Department, Santa Ana, California, Engineer
- 1983: Hughes Aircraft, Electron Dynamics Division, Torrance, California, Student Engineer
- N. Aghakhani, O. Oh, D. Gregg and H. Jain , "How Review Quality and Source Credibility Interacts to Affect Review Usefulness: An Expansion of the Elaboration Likelihood Model" Information Systems Frontiers, In press, 2022.
- N. Aghakhani, O. Oh, D. Gregg and J. Karimi "Online Review Consistency Matters: An Elaboration Likelihood Model Perspective", Information Systems Frontiers, 23, 2021, pp. 1287–1301, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10796-020-10030-7.
- M. Mannino, M. Khojah, and D. Gregg, "Emerge2Maturity: A Simulation Game for Data Warehouse Maturity Concepts," Journal of Information Systems Education, 32(2) , 2021, pp. 77-91, https://aisel.aisnet.org/jise/vol32/iss2/1.
- M. Erskine, D. Gregg, and J. Karimi, "Individual characteristics and geospatial reasoning ability: a multigroup analysis of age, culture, and gender," Journal of Decision Systems, October 2020, pp. 1-23. https://doi.org/10.1080/12460125.2020.1824566.
- J. Choi, R. Ramirez, D. Gregg, J. Scott and K. Lee "Influencing Knowledge Sharing on Social Media: A Gender Perspective" Asia Pacific Journal on Informaition Systems, 30(3), September 2020, pp. 513-531.
- J. Imlawi and D. Gregg "Understanding the satisfaction and continuance intention of knowledge contribution by health professionals in online health communities," Informatics for Health and Social Care, 45(2), April 2020, pp. 151-167, https://doi.org/10.1080/17538157.2019.1625053.
- M. Erskine, D. Gregg, J. Karimi and J.E. Scott, "Individual Decision-Performance of Spatial Decision Support Systems: A Geospatial Reasoning Ability and Perceived Task-Technology Fit Perspective," Information Systems Frontiers, 21(6), 2019, 1369-1384. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10796-018-9840-0
- S. Permwonguswa, J. Khuntia, D. Yim, D. Gregg, and A. Kathuria "Knowledge Sharing in Health Infomediary: Role of Emotional Empowerment and Self-Esteem" Health Systems, 7(3), 2018, pp. 181-194.
- D. Gregg, and M. Parthasarathy, "Factors affecting the long-term survival of eBay ventures: a longitudinal study", Small Business Economics, 49(2), August 2017, pp. 405-419
- M. Alsharo, D. Gregg and R. Ramirez, "Virtual team effectiveness: The role of knowledge sharing and trust." Information and Management, 54(4), June 2017, pp. 479-490.
- M. Erskine, D. Gregg, and J. Karimi, "Perceptions And Attitudes Toward Online Mapping Services", Journal of Computer Information Systems, 56(2), January 2016, pp. 175-184.
- J. Imlawi, D. Gregg and J. Karimi, "Student Engagement in Course-Based Social Networks: The Impact of Instructor Credibility and Use of Communication", Computers and Education, 88, October 2015, pp. 84-96.
- M. Erskine, D. Gregg, J Karimi, and JE Scott, "Geospatial Reasoning Ability: Definition, Measurement and Validation", International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction, 31(6), June 2015, pp 402-412.
- J. Scott, D. Gregg and J. Choi, "Lemon Complaints: When Online Auctions Go Sour", Information Systems Frontiers, 17(1), January 2015, pp. 177-191.
- J.P. Hasley and D. Gregg "The outcomes of user interactions with retail websites: Semantics and Nomenclature," Journal of Technology Research, 5(1), November 2014, 53 pp.
- T. Ong, M. Mannino, D. Gregg "Linguistic characteristics of shill reviews" Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 13(2), March-April 2014, pp. 69-78.
- J. Imlawi and D. Gregg, "Engagement in Online Social Networks: the Impact of Self-Disclosure and Humor", International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction, 30(2), February 2014, pp. 106-125.
- Erskine, M.A.; D.G. Gregg, J. Karimi, and J.E. Scott, "Business Decision-Making Using Geospatial Data: A Research Framework and Literature Review." Axioms, January 2014, 3, 10-30.
- B.A. Beemer and D. Gregg, "Dynamic Interaction in Decision Support: Effects on Perceived Diagnosticity and Confidence in Unstructured Domains," IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems, 3(1), January 2013, pp. 74-84.
- J.P. Hasley and D. Gregg "An Exploratory Study of Website Information Content," Journal of Theoretical and Applied Electronic Commerce Research, December 2010, 5(3), pp. 27-38.
- B.A. Beemer and D. Gregg "Dynamic Interaction in Knowledge Based Systems: An Exploratory Investigation and Empirical Evaluation" Decision Support Systems, 49(4), November 2010, pp. 386-395.
- S. Walczak, D. Kellogg and D. Gregg "A Mashup Application to Support Complex Decision Making for Retail Consumers" International Journal of Information Systems in the Service Sector, 2(4), October 2010, pp. 39-56.
- D. Gregg, "Designing for Collective Intelligence," Communications of the ACM, 53(4), April 2010, pp. 134-138.
- D. Gregg and S. Walczak, "The Relationship between Website Quality, Trust and Price Premiums at Online Auctions," Electronic Commerce Research, 10(1), March 2010, pp. 1-25.
- S. Walczak and D. Gregg, "Factors Influencing Corporate Online Identity: A New Paradigm," Journal of Theoretical and Applied Electronic Commerce Research, 4(3), December 2009, pp. 17-29.
- B.A. Beemer and D. Gregg "Mashups: A Literature Review and Classification Framework" Future Internet, 1(1), December 2009, pp. 59-87.
- D. Gregg, "Developing a Collective Intelligence Application for Special Education," Decision Support Systems, 47(4), November 2009, pp. 455-465.
- D. Gregg, "Online Reputation Scores: How well are they understood?," Journal of Computer Information Systems, 50(1), Fall 2009, pp. 90-97.
- D. Gregg and S. Walczak, "Dressing Your Online Auction Business For Success: An Experiment Comparing Two E-Bay Businesses," MIS Quarterly, 32(3), September 2008, pp. 653-670.
- D. Gregg, "Exploring Information Extraction Resilience," Journal of Universal Computer Science, 14(11), June 2008, pp. 1911-1920.
- D. Gregg and J. Scott, "A Typology of Complaints about eBay Sellers," Communications of the ACM, 51(4), April 2008, pp. 69-74.
- D. Gregg "eLearning Agents" The Learning Organization, (14) 4, July 2007, pp. 300-312.
- D. Gregg and S. Walczak, "Exploiting the Information Web," IEEE Transactions on System, Man and Cybernetics Part. C, 37(1), January 2007, pp. 109-125.
- S. Walczak, D. Gregg, and J. Berrenberg "Market Decision Making for Online Auction Sellers: Profit Maximization versus Socialization Perspective," Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, 7(4), November 2006, pp. 199-220.
- D. Gregg and S. Walczak, "Adaptive Web Information Extraction," Communications of the ACM, 45(5), May 2006, pp. 78-84.
- D. Gregg and J. Scott, "The Role of Reputation Systems in Reducing Online Auction Fraud," International Journal of Electronic Commerce, 10(3), Spring 2006, pp. 97-122.
- D. Gregg and S. Walczak, "Auction Advisor: Online Auction Recommendation and Bidding Decision Support System," Decision Support Systems, 41(2), January 2006, Pages 449-471.
- D. Gregg, "XDependency: maintaining relationships between XML data resources," Information and Software Technology, 45(13) , October 2003 , pp. 899-909.
- D. Gregg and S. Walczak, "E-commerce Auction Agents and Online-Auction Dynamics" Electronic Markets - The International Journal of Electronic Commerce and Business Media, 13(3), August 2003, pp. 242-250.
- D. Gregg, M. Goul and A. Philippakis "Distributing decision support systems via the WWW: The validation of a DSS metadata model," Decision Support Systems. 32(3), January 2002, pp. 233-246.
- D. Gregg, U. Kulkarni, and A. Vinze, "Understanding the Philosophical Underpinnings of Software Engineering Research in Information Systems," Special Issue of Information Systems Frontiers, Churchman, Courtney and Sanders eds., 3(2), June 2001, pp. 169-183.
- D. Gregg and M. Goul, "A Proposal for an Open DSS Protocol", Communications of the ACM, 42(11), November 1999, pp. 91-96.
- S. Walczak, D. Gregg, G. Borken, and M. Erskine, eImage: Elements and Effects of Positive Organizational Online Identity, in Handbook of Strategic e-Business Management, Francisco J. Martinez-Lopez, ed., Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 2014.
- S. Walczak, D.L. Kellogg, and D. Gregg "A Mashup Application to Support Complex Decision Making for Retail Consumers." In: J. Wang (Ed.) Advancing the Service Sector with Evolving Technologies: Techniques and Principles, Hershey, PA: Business Science Reference, 2012, pp. 277-294.
- D. Gregg and M. Sidahmed "Service Oriented Architecture," in The Handbook of Technology Management, H. Bidgoli, ed., New York, NY: Wiley, 2009, pp. 231-243.
- B. Beemer and D. Gregg "Advisory Systems to Support Decision Making" in Handbook on Decision Support Systems, Vol. 1, Frada Burstein and Clyde W. Holsapple eds., Berlin / Heidelberg: Springer, 2008 (Chapter 24) pp. 511-528.
- D. Gregg, "What are the benefits to eXtensible Markup Language (XML) and the barriers to its use?" in Business Driven Information Technology: Answers to 100 Critical Questions for Every Manager,D. R. Laube and R. F. Zammuto eds., Palo Alto, CA: Stanford Press, 2003, pp. 62-65.
- D. Gregg, "What are the advantages and disadvantages of a Windows based software environment vs. a Unix based software environment?" in Business Driven Information Technology: Answers to 100 Critical Questions for Every Manager, D. R. Laube and R. F. Zammuto eds., Palo Alto, CA: Stanford Press, 2003, pp. 70-73.
- D. Gregg, "What are the business and technology reasons for choosing one Unix platform over another?" in Business Driven Information Technology: Answers to 100 Critical Questions for Every Manager, D. R. Laube and R. F. Zammuto eds., Palo Alto, CA: Stanford Press, 2003, pp. 74-77.
- D. Gregg, "What are the major hardware elements of a network and the role of each?" in Business Driven Information Technology: Answers to 100 Critical Questions for Every Manager, D. R. Laube and R. F. Zammuto eds., Palo Alto, CA: Stanford Press, 2003, pp. 101-105.
- D. Gregg, "What are the differences between voice and data networks?" in Business Driven Information Technology: Answers to 100 Critical Questions for Every Manager, D. R. Laube and R. F. Zammuto eds., Palo Alto, CA: Stanford Press, 2003, pp. 110-113.
- W. White and D. Gregg, "What are the common IT architectures in use today?" in Business Driven Information Technology: Answers to 100 Critical Questions for Every Manager, D. R. Laube and R. F. Zammuto eds., Palo Alto, CA: Stanford Press, 2003, pp. 62-65.
- A. Vinz and D. Gregg "PeterStar: Succeeding in the Russian Telecommunication Environment," Eurasia Foundation Business Case Repository, Summer 2002. (The case was translated to Russian for adoption by the Russian Business Schools as part of their curriculum).
ARTICLES UNDER REVIEW / REVISION
- S. Permwonguswa, J. Khuntia, and D. Gregg "Medical Tourism Infomediaries: The Impact of Rating System Information Quality on Trust and on Willingness to Pursue Treatment " under revision.
- X. Ning, D. Gregg, and J. Khuntia, "Teleworking during COVID 19 Pandemic Crisis : Influences of Female Leadership on Business Continuity and Employee Layoff in Eight Countries" (2021). GlobDev 2021. 12. https://aisel.aisnet.org/globdev2021/12
- M. Alghamdi, and D. Gregg, "“One Size Won’t Fit All”: How Can We Increase U.S. Public Motivation to Participate in Policy Debate?" AMCIS 2020 Proceedings. 11., 2020, https://aisel.aisnet.org/amcis2020/social_computing/social_computing/11
- M. Alghamdi and D. Gregg "“One Size Won’t Fit All”: How Can We Increase U.S. Public Motivation to Participate in Policy Debate?" August 2020. AMCIS 2020 Proceedings. 11. https://aisel.aisnet.org/amcis2020/social_computing/social_computing/11
- N. Aghakhani, O. Oh and D. Gregg "Beyond the Review Sentiment: The Effect of Review Accuracy and Review Consistency on Review Usefulness", Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Systems, December 2017.
- S. Permwonguswa, J. Khuntia, D. Yim, D. Gregg, "Empowerment and Knowledge Sharing in Health Infomediary: Empirical Evidence from Reconstructive Surgery Patients" Proceedings of the Twenty-third Americas Conference on Information Systems, August 2017.
- Permwonguswa, S.; Khuntia, J.; Gregg, D.; Chandra, G.; Sheiner, S.; and Swaminathan, V., "Development Of A Doctor Rating Criteria For A Medical Tourism Portal," European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS) Research Papers. Paper 72. June 2016.
- J.P. Hasley and D. Gregg "Empirical assessment of website information utility," AABRI Conference Savannah, March 2015.
- T. Ong, M. Mannino and D. Gregg, "Product Reputation Manipulation: The Impact of Shill Reviews on Perceived Quality," Proceedings of the Nineteenth Americas Conference on Information Systems, August 2013.
- M. Erskine and D. Gregg, "Impact of Geospatial Reasoning Ability on Decision-Performance: The Moderating Role of Task Characteristics," Proceedings of the Nineteenth Americas Conference on Information Systems, August 2013.
- J.P. Hasley and D. Gregg "The outcomes of user interactions with retail websites: Semantics and Nomenclature," AABRI Conference Orlando, January 2013
- J. Imlawi & D. Gregg "Engagement in Online Communities: The Impact of Self-Disclosure and Humor," Proceedings of the Eighteenth Americas Conference on Information Systems, August 2012.
- M. Alsharo & D. Gregg "Intention to Collaborate: Investigating Online Collaboration in Virtual Teams," Proceedings of the Eighteenth Americas Conference on Information Systems, August 2012.
- M. A. Erskine, and D. Gregg, "Utilizing Volunteered Geographic Information to Develop a Real-Time Disaster Mapping Tool: A Prototype and Research Framework," 2012 International Conference on Information Resources Management (Conf-IRM)
- M. A. Erskine, and D. Gregg, "The Effects of Geospatial Website Attributes on eImage: An Exploratory Study," Poster Paper, 2012 International Conference on Information Resources Management (Conf-IRM)
- M. Erskine and D.G.Gregg "Geospatial Reasoning Ability of Business Decision Makers: Construct Definition and Measurement" Proceedings of the Seventeenth Americas Conference on Information Systems, August 2011.
- D. Gregg , Improving Data Collection and Analysis Under RtI, Courage to Risk Conference, Colorado Springs, CO, January 23, 2009.
- J.P. Hasley and D. Gregg "Understanding and Managing Web Site Information Content: The WICS Method," Proc. 14th AIS Americas Conference on Information Systems, Toronto, ON, August 14-17, 2008.
- D. Gregg , Tools for Improving Assessment Through Real Time Data Collection Courage to Risk Conference, Poster Session, Colorado Springs, CO, January 25, 2008.
- J. Scott and D. Gregg, "The Impact of Product Classification for Online Auctions," Proc. 10th AIS Americas Conference on Information Systems, New York, NY. August 6-8, 2004.
- S. Walczak and D. Gregg, "Building Business Heuristics with Data-Mining Internet Agents," Proc. 9th AIS Americas Conference on Information Systems, Tampa, FL. August 4-6, 2003.
- D. Gregg. "Using Meta-information Systems to Improve Web Data Quality," Doctoral Consortium, Proc. 5th AIS Americas Conference on Information Systems, Milwaukee, WI. August 13-15, 1999.
- M. Gill, D. Gregg, D. Schuff, M. Goul and R. Santanam, "A Set of Workflow Meta-primitives for use in Electronic Commerce Applications," Proc. 5th AIS Americas Conference on Information Systems, Milwaukee, WI. August 13-15, 1999.
- D. Gregg, "DSS Access on the WWW: An Intelligent Agent Prototype." Proc. 4th AIS Americas Conference on Information Systems, Baltimore MD. August 16-18, 1998.
- D. Gregg, M. Goul and A. Philippakis, "DSS Access on the World Wide Web: An Empirical Test of an Open DSS Protocol", Proc. 3rd. AIS Americas Conference on Information Systems, Indianapolis, IN, August 15-17, 1997.
- W. Campbell, P. Csik, D. Gregg, and R. Fong, "Advances in Multiple Explosively Formed Penetrator Warhead Technology", Proc. ADPA Bomb and Warhead Technical Meeting, San Diego CA, May 1991.
- W. Campbell, and D. Gregg, "The Application of Multiple Explosively Formed Penetrator Warheads to SO/LIC Confrontations", Proc. ADPA SO/LIC Symposium, Washington D.C., December 1990.
- X. Ning, J. Khuntia, and D. Gregg, "Response to the Covid-19 Crisis: Differences Between Female and Male-Led Companies in Three Income Groups," Health Administration Research Consortium (HARC), Spring 2021, 3(3), pp 1-6.
- D. Gregg, "Cognitive Accessibility Online," Yahoo Accessibility, December 13, 2010, available at: http://yaccessibilityblog.com/wp/cognitive-accessibility-online.html
- D. Gregg , "The Importance of Data Collection," Autism and Asperger's Digest, Sept-Oct 2009, pp 40-43.
- D. Gregg, "Using Data Collection and Analysis to Improve Outcomes for Children with Autism," The Voices and Choices of Autism, 1(3), July 2009, pp. 24-29.
- D. Gregg, "Data Collection is the Key to Understanding
Progress," Exceptional Parent Magazine, April 22,
2009, available at:
- O. Oh, D. Gregg and N. Melville "How Should We Conduct IS Research in the Age of Environmental Crises?" Working Paper
- X. Ning, J. Khuntia, and D. Gregg "Teleworking during COVID-19 Crisis: Importance of Female Leadership," Working Paper
GRANTS AND AWARDS
May 2019, CU Denver GenCyber Summer Camp for High School
Students (2019)," Sponsored by National Security Agency
(NSA) and the National Science Foundation (NSF) - Joint
Dincelli, E. (Principal), Ramirez, R., Gregg, D., Murdock, J. F., Liang, L., Dioun, C. , Oh, O., Duran-Aydintug, C., Jafarian, H. (Supporting), Award Value: $88,747.
- November 2014, Daniel's Fund, Ethics Initiative, Expand
ethics education at CU Denver.
Award Value: $1.25 million over 5 years (with Ira Selkowitz).
- January 2004, CIT, Expanding Enterprise Technology Infrastructure
and courses at CU Denver.
Award Value: $3.4 million. Included Oracle E-Business software and $50 K in implementation funding (with Jahangir Karimi, PI).
- Michael Berry, Political Science, 2021-presentt
- Amy Hasinoff, Communications, 2021-presentt
- Lan Liang, Marketing, 2020-presentt
- Alireza Vahid, Electrical Engineering, 2017-present
- Rodney Herring, English, 2011-2019
- Yiming Deng, Electrical Engineering, 2009-2016
- Michelle Carpenter, CAM, 2012-2015
- Sondra Bland, Psychology, 2009-2011
- PhD Dissertation Supervision
- Abdulaziz Alharbi (Chair), Current
- Adeeb Al-Shakhs (Chair), Current
- Majed Alghamdi, Current
- Ahmad Alharbi, Current
- Dung Tien (Tidu) Nguyen, Current
- Aurelia Sanchez-Mandani, Current
- Naser Shekarian, Current
- Abdullah Al Nuaim, 2022
- Xue (Nancy) Ning, 2022
- Joel Fredrickson, 2018
- Henner Mohr, 2018
- Mohamed Khojah, 2018
- Sumate Permwonguswa, 2017
- Navid Aghakhani, 2017
- Yazan Alnsour, 2017
- Jae Hoon Choi, 2015
- Chris Sibona, 2014
- Michael Erskine (Chair), 2013
- Mohamed Al Sharo (Chair), 2013
- Jehad Imlawi, (Chair), 2013
- Toan Ong (Co-chair), 2013
- John Brickey, 2010
- Brandon Beemer (Chair), 2010
- Joseph Hasley, (Chair), 2010
- Yanjuan Yang, 2009
- Andrea Hester, 2009
- Independent Study/Internship Supervision
- Gaven Memmen, Graduate, 2021
- Ana Claudia Ventilari, Graduate, 2021
- Francisco Perez, Graduate, 2017-18
- Dung Tien (Tidu) Nguyen, Graduate, 2017
- Leif Larsen, Graduate, 2017
- Navid Aghakhani, Graduate, 2015 - 2017
- Erica Hill, Graduate, 2012
- Andrew Calvo, Graduate, 2011
- Michael Erskine, Graduate, 2007
- Faisal Al Khouri, Undergraduate, 2005
- Kevin King, Graduate, 2004
- Geoffrey Peck, Graduate, 2004
- Jean-Yves Robert, Graduate, 2003
- Harumi Warner, Graduate, 2003
- Sachin Saindane, Graduate, 2003
- Maya Kuyo, Graduate, 2002
- Brandon Reck, Undergraduate, 2002
- Kris Barrit, Graduate, 2002
- 2001-present: University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado.
AMBA 6251 Data Management Strategy, Spring 2019-2021
The course provides students with an overview of the key concepts for establishing a comprehensive data management strategy for a large organization, ensuring that its operational and analytical financial and accounting needs are efficiently, effectively, and securely addressed. The course will have an emphasis on real-case scenarios that companies face when addressing global operational and analytical data challenges. Furthermore, the course will address current trends in managing structured and unstructured data as organizations move to the Cloud-based computing services.
ISMG 2050 Introduction to Business Problem Solving, 2005-2008 (Fall/Spring), Spring 2010
Introduction to Business Problem Solving prepares undergraduate students to analyze data and solve real-life business problems, using spreadsheet, database and Web tools. It challenges students to use critical thinking and analysis to find efficient and effective solutions to real-life business situations. This course introduces students to the problem solving and decision making skills they will need to be successful both at the University and in a business environment. Students solve problems in statistics, accounting, finance, marketing, management, and information systems.
ISMG 2800 Designing for the Web, 2010-2012 (Fall/Spring), Fall 2013, Spring 2015/2016, Spring 2019
Students examine how the Web is evolving to support a variety of business needs. The course covers the design and usability principals necessary for improving online interactions via traditional websites as well as using technologies promoting collaboration and information sharing (e.g. social networks, blogs, wikis, forms). Students develop an understanding of the principles of web page and web site design; Hypertext Markup Language, Cascading Style Sheets, streaming video, online collaboration technologies, client and server scripting, and the process of publishing Web sites.
ISMG 3200 Data Structures and Java, 2001-2005 (Fall/Spring)
An undergraduate second programming course that introduces students to the Java programming language. It provides an understanding of algorithm development, programming, computer concepts, and the design and application of data and file structures. It includes an understanding of the logical and physical structures of both programs and data. This course is taught both in a traditional classroom and online.
ISMG 3300 / MKTG 3300 Social Media In Business, Spring 2012/2013
Social media has become a central component of business. Collaborative, social technology is now an essential part of many organizations including marketing, HR, legal, product management and the supply chain. In this course, we examine the organizational use of social media technologies such as photo and website editing, blogs, web analytics, and social networks, as well as the use of social media analytics to drive business strategy.
ISMG 4200 Building Business Applications, Fall 2014/2015/2016/2017/2018
Examines how business technologies are designed and implemented. Usability, logic, and platform selection issues are highlighted through the development of simple business systems. Includes Windows interface design; storing, retrieving, and manipulating information; real time decision making; task automation through iteration; platform selection (mobile, desktop or web); and web programming.
ISMG 4400 Programming Fundamentals with Python, Spring/Fall 2017, Spring 2019, Fall 2019, Fall 2020
This course covers modern website application using a contemporary languages like PHP and Python. Development skills include presenting and receiving information through a web site, validating entered information, storing entered information in text files or databases and developing backend systems using we data.
ISMG 4800 eBusiness Systems Development, 2004-2009 (Fall/Spring)
ISMG 6020 Programming Fundamentals with Python, Spring 2021
This course covers modern application development using Python. Development skills include presenting and receiving information, validating entered information, storing entered information in text files or databases and developing backend systems using retrieved data.
ISMG 6020 Object-Oriented Programming, Fall 2001
A graduate course introducing object-oriented modeling and programming. It includes the C++ programming language and proper programming style. It covers classes, inheritance, polymorphism and common data structures.
ISMG 6280 Service Oriented Architecture, 2006-2012 (Fall)
A graduate course designed to provide a thorough introduction to "Service Oriented Architecture" (SOA), which refers to a design pattern made up of components and interconnections that stress interoperability and location transparency. This course the latest heterogeneous models for carrying out large scale distributed computing using Web services. It includes covers both the design of SOA systems as well as practical hands-on programming of a distributed Web Service based system. The fundamentals of defining, designing, building, testing and rolling-out a SOA system are explored using tools from major Web service vendors. Also, looks at the impact of SOA on software quality, efficiency, security, performance and flexibility.
ISMG 6140 Distributed Object System Development with Java, Fall 2005, Spring 2003, Fall 2002
A graduate course emphasizing: distributed object systems engineering. The fundamental concepts, principles and methods for business object system implementation are covered. Coverage includes distributed object architectures and standards: JDBC (Java Data Base Connectivity), RMI (Remote Method Invocation), CORBA (Common Object Request Broker Architecture), Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM), Enterprise Java Beans. The concept of Web Services are introduced as well
ISMG 6240 Interactive Multimedia Systems, Fall 2004, Fall 2003, Spring 2002
A graduate course emphasizing: understanding the process of creating, revising, and publishing web pages, writing client-side and server-side scripts for web pages, using databases for retrieval and storage of permanent web data, using style sheets and XML, and understanding the principles of web page and web site design.
ENTP 6862, Strategic Web Development, 2010-2013 (Spring)
An entrepreneurship course emphasizing the design and creation of a web presence that will support the purpose of the organization and help fuel the growth of the venture. Discusses the importance of website visibility to new business operations. Students also learn how to best utilize search engines, social networks, blogs and other online tools to support and promote your business.
- 2000-2001: Arizona State University West,
Phoenix, Arizona, Visiting Assistant Professor.
ISM 410 Client Development/Deployment, Fall 2000, Spring 2001
This course is designed to provide the student with the concepts and skills to develop Windows-NT-based desktop applications using Visual Basic. The emphasis is on programming concepts, logic constructs, and user interface design issues. The approach is Object-oriented and Event-driven. Database access during program execution is also emphasized. Structured Query Language (SQL) will also be taught in conjunction with Visual Basic.
ISM 411 Distributed Client Development/Deployment, Fall 2000, Spring 2001
- 1996- 2000 - Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, Graduate Associate.
CIS 593 Java Applied Project, Teaching Assistant, Third Trimester 1999
Master's level industry project course. Duties included coordination and technical support.
CIS 591 Advanced Java Programming, Instructor, Second Trimester 1998
Masters level course covering the Java programming language and its applicability to business. Duties included course preparation and instruction. The course included the basic Java syntax and class structure, Java utilities, Threads, Applications and Applets, Graphical User interfaces with both Java AWT and Java Sing components, Java network utilities, remote method invocation (RMI), and Java beans.
CIS 410 Object-Oriented Modeling and Programming, Instructor,
Spring 1998, Summer 1998, Fall 1999, Spring 2000
Senior level course covering object-oriented modeling and programming. It includes the C++ programming language and proper programming style. It also covers the modern style of data structure implementation known as data abstraction and study common data structures.
CIS 535 Distributed Information Systems: Course Preparation, Fall 1997
Created course materials on distributed information systems. It includes emerging industry standards and protocols, current network environments and trends, and distributed database systems.
CIS 505 Technical Foundations of Data Management: Course Preparation, Summer 1997
Created Java and C++ course materials including programs, assignments and handouts.
CIS 200 Introduction to Business Data Processing, Lab Instructor, Fall 1997, Spring 1997
Undergraduate business core course which introduces the use of computers in business and teaches practical business computer skills. Instruction included spreadsheets, database, graphics, word processing, Internet and presentation. Responsibilities included teaching nine breakout lab sections and exam preparation.
PRESENTATIONS AT MEETINGS AND SEMINARS PRESENTED
- M. Erskine, M. Khoja and D. Gregg, Source Credibility of Intelligent Agents: Examining the Effects of Conflicting Information on Decision Satisfaction, ICIS TREO talk, December 2019.
- Panel Moderator, April 2016, "Crowdfunding or Crowdfrauding?", CU Denver Daniel's Fund Ethics Initiative
- Panel Presentation, April 2015, "Higher Education - Coordinating with Business to Address Workforce Needs", Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce, Education Committee
- Guest Lecturer, February 2015, "Business Plan Development," The Business Plan Course, Jake Jabs Center for Entrepreneurship
- Guest Lecturer, December 2013, "Social Media and Analytics," 11-Month MBA Marketing Course, Business School
- Guest Lecturer, February 2013, "Strategic Web Development," The Business Plan Course, Bard Center for Entrepreneurship
- Guest Lecturer, February 2012, "Strategic Web Development," The Business Plan Course, Bard Center for Entrepreneurship
- Presentation/Panel, January 2012, "Entrepreneurship in Higher Education", Rocky Venture Club
- Presentation, September 2011, "The Bard Center for Entrepreneurship", Rotary Club, DTC Chapter
- Guest Lecturer, February 2011, "Strategic Web Development," The Business Plan Course, Bard Center for Entrepreneurship
- Presentation, February 2011, "Business Plan Development," 2011 ASQ Denver Career Enhancement Workshop: Building Value in Your Professional Potential
- Guest Lecturer, February 2010, "Strategic Web Development," The Business Plan Course, Bard Center for Entrepreneurship
- Presentation, November 2009, "Strategic Web Development," The Bard Center for Entrepreneurship
- Presentation, January 2009, "Improving Data Collection and Analysis Under RtI", Courage to Risk Conference, Colorado Springs, CO.
- Seminar, November 2008, "Get the Website You Need," The Bard Center for Entrepreneurship
- Seminar, October 2008, "Why You Need a Website," The Bard Center for Entrepreneurship
- Presentation, September 2008, "Your Website, Your Image," Rutt Bridges Seminar
- Presentation, January 2008, "Tools for Improving Assessment Through Real Time Data Collection", Courage to Risk Conference, Colorado Springs, CO.
- Presentation, September 2005, CSIS PhD Seminar, Univ. of Colorado, Denver, "The Relationship Between Web Quality, Trust and Online Auction Profitability".
- Presentation, November 2003, CSIS PhD Seminar, Univ. of Colorado, Denver, "The Role of Reputation Systems in Reducing Online Auction Fraud".
- Presentation, August 2003, 9th AIS Americas Conference on Information Systems, Tampa, FL, Intelligent Agents Track.
- Doctoral Consortium, Participant/Presentation, December 12-15, 1999, 20th International Conference on Information Systems, Charlotte, NC
- Doctoral Consortium, Participant/Presentation, August 12, 1999, Fifth AIS Americas Conference on Information Systems, Milwaukee, WI.
- Presentation, August 1998, Fourth AIS Americas Conference on Information Systems, Baltimore MD, Artificial Intelligence Track.
- Presentation, December 1990, ADPA SO/LIC Symposium, Washington D.C.
HONORS, AWARDS, AND DISTINCTIONS
- Outstanding Service Award (2018), Business School, University of Colorado Denver
- Excellence in Faculty Mentoring (2018), University of Colorado Denver
- Dave Laube Community Impact Award (2011), Business School, University of Colorado Denver
- Outstanding Student Chapter Award, Association for Information Systems, 2009-2010 Academic Year, December 14, 2010, Faculty Advisor
- Outstanding Educational Program Award Winner, the Information Systems Association, April 28, 2010, Faculty Advisor
- Dean's Scholar Award (recognizing the best researcher of the year), The Business School, 2008
- Rutt Bridges Seminar Award (with S. Walczak),
paper "Dressing Your Online Auction Business For Success: An Experiment Comparing Two E-Bay Businesses"
- Bard Center Business Plan Competition First Place Award, for: Developing Minds Software, June 11, 2008
- Outstanding Entrepreneurial Activity, Research and Creative Activity Symposium, Faculty Sponsor (Michael Erskine, student), April 2007
- Who's Who Among Americas Teachers, 2006
- Outstanding Tenure-Track Teacher of the Year, The Business School, 2005
- 20th International Conference on Information Systems
Doctoral Consortium Participant, December 12-15,
paper "Supporting Web Content Quality: Formalizing Meta-Data Concepts For The Web-Domain"
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant, School of Accountancy and Information Management Circle of Friends, Arizona State University, 1999
- Distinguished Achievement Award for female doctoral students (Nominee), Arizona State University Faculty Women's Association, 1999
- Graduate Tuition Scholarship Award, School of Accountancy and Information Management, Arizona State University, 1996-2000
- Graduate Tuition Scholarship Award, School of Management, Arizona State University West, 1993-1996
- Association for Information Systems
- Center for Information Technology Innovation
- Colorado Software and Internet Association
- Association for Computing Machinery (past)
- IEEE Computer Society (past)
- Rocky Venture Club (past)
Information Systems Area
- 2020-present Supported Application for Center for Academic Excellence in Cybersecurity Education designation
- 2018-present Coordinated IS Area AoL Report
- 2019-2022 Hired and Mentored Six new IS Adjunct Faculty
- 2019-2021 Served on Comprehensive Exam Committee for 9 Ph.D. Students
- 2019-2021 Chair, IS Instructor/Clinical Faculty Search Committee. (4 hires)
- 2020, Prepared MS Information Systems 5 Year Program Review Report
- 2019 Chaired MS Information Systems degree redesign
- 2003-08&19 PhD Applicant Review committee
- 2013-17 Interviewed IS Assistant Professor Candidates
- 2003-12 Faculty Advisor, Student Information Systems Association
- 2006-12 Business Leaders with an Edge, planning committee
- 2006-11 Course Coordinator, ISMG 2050
- 2008 Chair, Undergraduate Information Systems Curriculum Review Committee
- 2002 Instructor & Assistant Professor IS Recruiting committee
- 2009-2017 Attended Center Advisory Council meetings
- 2014 Helped develop undergraduate emphasis and "Launchpad" certificate proposals
- 2013 Program Assistant Recruiting Committee
- 2010-16 Reviewer Business Plan Competition
- 2012 Interim Academic Director, Bard Center of Entrepreneurship
- 2010-11 Administrative Director, Bard Center of
- Business Plan Competition Committee
- Incubator Committee
- Rutt Bridges Venture Capital Fund Committee
- Instrumental in securing a $200,000 donation from the Daniel and Janet Mordecai Foundation
- Launched the Dave O'Brien Memorial Incubation Office fundraising campaign
- Recruited 12 new members for the Bard Center Advisory Council
- Attended/Led 16 Advisory Council/Subcommittee Meetings
- Met individually with 37 Advisory Council members/prospective members
- 2009-10 Bard Center Continuing Professional Education Committee, Chair Curriculum Subcommittee
- 2009-12 Attend Bard Center Advisory Board meetings
- 2010-11 Strategic Planning Committee, Bard Center
- 2020 – present Member Dean’s Advisory Committee
- 2019 – present Member Directors Council
- 2022 Post tenure review Committee Chair, Ron Ramirez
- 2021 Comprehensive Review Committee Chair, Ersin Dincelli
- 2021 Post tenure review Committee Chair, Ping Walters
- 2021 Post tenure review Committee Chair, Michael Mannino
- 2019-2022 Redesigned/Coordinated BUSN 1200, hired and Mentored 9 new Adjunct Faculty
- 2019-2020 Prepared and Submitted Business School AACSC 5-year CIR Report/Visit
- 2020 Member Graduate Programs Strategic Planning Working Group
- 2020, Prepared Professional MBA 5 Year Program Review Report
- 2020, Prepared Professional BSBA 5 Year Program Review Report
- 2020, Supported 5 Year Program Reviews for OYMBA, MS Accounting, MS Business Analytics, MS Finance, MS GEM, MBA/MS Healthcare Administration, MSIB, MS Management, MS Marketing, MS Taxation, PhD CSIS
- 2020 Supported MS Finance Curriculum Redesign Committee
- 2020-2021 Attended Graduate Student Orientation/Undergraduate Convovation
- 2020 Promotion Committee Member, Vinit Desai
- 2020 Assistant Dean of Student Success Search Committee
- 2019-20 Dean's Search Committee
- 2019-20 Promotion Committee Chair, Mary Malina
- 2019 Tenure Committee Chair, Jiban Khuntia
- 2019 Tenure Committee Member, Onook Oh
- 2019-present BUSN 1200 course coordinator/manager
- 2012-16/2019-present Business School Directors Council
- 2019-20 Business School Online initiative faculty steering committee
- 2018-2019 Participated in Professional MBA Redesign Faculty Committee
- 2017-present Chaired Business School AoL Committee
- 2015-present Managed data collection and reporting for the MBA AoL report
- 2018-present Managed data collection and reporting BSBA Aol Report
- 2018 Developed a software application to manage AoL data and Reporting
- 2017-18 Participated in Accelerated MBA Redesign Faculty Committee
- 2004-present Maintain Business School Research website
- 2017 Chaired Tenure and Promotion Guidelines Faculty Committtee
- 2016 Prepared the revised tables and wrote the AACSB 6th year review Accreditaiton report to address issues raised in AACSB accreditation process.
- 2016 Chaired the Assurance of Learning Redesign process to address issues raised in AACSB accreditation process
- 2005-06, 2008-16 Strategic Planning Committee, Business
- 2005-06 Strategic Planning: Research and Scholarship Task Force
- 2008-09 D1 Graduate Education Task Force
- 2010-11 Co-Chair D2-D3 Education Task Force
- 2016 Developed the Stragic Planning Process to address issues raised in AACSB accreditation process
- 2015-16 Participated in MBA Redesign Committee
- 2015 Assitant Director Alumni Relations and Events Search Committee, Chair
- 2014-15 Dean's Search Committee
- 2014-15 Developed Revised Minor for the Business School
- 2015 Supported/Managed AoL Activities AACSB Accreditation
- 2014-15 South Denver Campus Launch Proposal and Roll-out for the Business School
- 2014-15 Prepared Proposal and Launched Financial Services Partnership
- 2014-15 Prepared Proposal and Launched Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative
- 2014-16 Supported Undergraduate Scholarship Recruiting Efforts
- 2013-16 Supervised Admissions and Advising
- 2013-16 Supervised Business Career Connections
- 2014-15 Developed Proposal to Put 5 Undergraduate Business Emphases Online
- 2013-16 Supported Branding and Marketing Efforts
- 2013-16 Reviewed Student Disputes
- 2013-16 Launched/Managed Dean's Student Advisory Council
- 2014 Interview new Finance/Marketing/Management/Business Analytics Faculty
- 2014 Interviewed for Commodities Center Director
- 2014 Helped Revised Business School Academic Integrity Standards
- 2013-14 Developed MS in Taxation Budget and Proposal
- 2013 Reorganized Undergraduate Advising
- 2009-12 Outstanding Researcher Selection Committee (Business School)
- 2011 Tenure Committee Member, Carol Dee
- 2010-11 Interviewer for new RMI Faculty
- 2010 Comprehensive Review Committee Member, Malina
- 2010 Post-Tenure Review Committee Member, Bryant
- 2009/2007/2006 Interviewer for new Finance Faculty
- 2006-09 Internal Affairs Committee
- 2008 Chair Internal Affairs Committee
- 2008 Tenure Committee Member, Nieschwitz
- 2006-08 Outstanding Teacher Selection Committee (Business School)
- 2006-07 Interviewer for new Accounting Faculty
- 2006-07 Maintain BAP tutoring website
- 2003-06 Attended Celebration for Success
- 2005 Summer Research Grant Committee
- 2003-05 Faculty Liaison Business School website.
Supervised (and conducted) transition of Business School site to CMS
- 2004 Developed Business School Intranet
- 2003 Marketing Committee, Business Driven Information
Technology: Answers to
100 Critical Questions for Every Manager.
- 2022-present Member Inclusive Excellence Council
- 2021-present Member Interdisciplinary Computing Task Force
- 2017-present CU Denver Assessment Committee
- 2020-present Healthcare Administration Research Consortium
- 2020-present Associate to Full Professor Mentoring Program - Mentor
- 2009-present Assistant Professor Mentoring Program - Mentor
- 2021 CU Denver Strategic Planning Vision Team: Educate for the Future Vision Team
- 2019-2021 BS Data Science Curriculum Committee
- 2019 Vice Chancellor for Faculty Affairs Search Committee
- 2017 CU Denver Curriculum Oversight Steering Committee
- 2002-19 Attended Graduation(s)
- 2012-2017 Participated in Undergraduate Experiences Symposium
- 2013-16 Associate Dean's/Academic Support Group Committee
- 2013-16 Maymester/Summer Committee
- 2015 High Impact Practice Committee
- 2015 Academic Integrity Taskforce
- 2015 Strategic Enrollment Management Committee
- 2014-15 Construction Engineering Management Steering Committee
- 2014 Academic Program Prioritization Committee
- 2012-2014 Table Leader Undergraduate Experiences Symposium
- 2012-2013: Participated in the Canvas pilot to move all of my spring classes to the new Canvas Learning Managements system.
- 2012-13 Special Chancellor's Online Visioning Task Force
- 2006-13 Member, Undergraduate Council
- 2008-13 Tenure Track Mentoring Program
- 2003-13 Member, Online Faculty Advisory Committee
- 2012-13 Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program, Selection Committee
- 2012 Technology Review Committee
- 2012 Special Chancellor's Committee on Massive Open Online Courses and related online educational activities
- 2012 Participated in Campus Recruiting Video Project
- 2012 Evaluated CU Denver Faculty Research and Awards Tracking System
- 2012 Participated in Center for Faculty Development External Review
- 2012 Learning Management System Selection Advisory Committee
- 2009-11 Outstanding Researcher Selection Committee (Downtown Denver Campus)
- 2009-10 Member Search Committee for the UC Denver Dean of the Graduate School
- 2008 Member Search Committee for the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Information Technology Services
- 2006-08 Outstanding Teacher Selection Committee (Downtown Denver Campus)
- 2007-08 Conducted Decision Support System Presentations to Special Education Assessment Course (Caron Westland's)
- 2005 Member Recruiting Committee for a Web Application Developer for ATEL
- 2004 Conducted a workshop on developing online knowledge surveys for the Centre for Faculty Development.
- 2003-04 Member, Information Technology Policy Council (ITPC).
- 2002 Developed Online Knowledge Survey Generator
- 2013 Community of Practice Review Team
- 2012-13 Task Force on New Technologies in Higher Ed
- 2012-13 Privilege and Tenure Committee
- 2012 Participated in the CU Foundation faculty giving video project
- 2008-09 Emerging Leaders Program
- 2019-present Participant, Mountain West Cybersecurity Consortium
- 2019-20 Chair the Center for Information Technology Innovation (IS Advisory Council)
- 2015-16 CTA Tech Talent Partners Network (Denver Metro IT Sector Partnership)
- 2014-15 Advanced Industries Program and Accelerator Grant Reviewer
- 2013-16 Governor's IT Economic Development Advisory Council
- 2012-14 Attended Denver Start-up week events
- 2012 (May) 9 New Interview on Facebook IPO
- 2012 (May) KOA 850AM Radio Interview on Facebook IPO
- 2012 "Entrepreneurship in Higher Education", Rocky Venture Club, Panel Presenter
- 2012 Member, Rocky Venture Club
- 2011-2012 Attended Start-up Colorado, Denver Meetings
- 2011-12 Participated in Academic Management Institute, Colorado Network of Women Leaders Program
- 2011 Member Downtown Denver Partnership Incubator Evaluation Committee
- 2011 "The Bard Center for Entrepreneurship", Rotary Club, DTC Chapter, Presenter
- 2006/10/11 Attended Rocky Mountain Information Management Association Meetings
- 2008-11 Member Denver Founders Network
- 2003-09 Faculty Member, Center for Information Technology
(Regularly attended Women's C-Level Luncheons)
- 2007-08 Member, Colorado Internet and Software Association
- 2007 Attended the Colorado Internet and Software Associations DEMOgala.
- 2007 Conducted a mock college lecture for a group of AVID students from Heritage High School.
- 2006 Attended Denver's IT Summit
- 2004 Colorado Institute of Technology Catalyst Event
- 2003 Governors Technology Summit
- 1998 Research Volunteer, Autism Research Institute.
- 2010-2012, Member Student Chapter Executive
Committee, Association for Information Systems
- 2011/2012 Chair AIS Student Chapter Awards Committee
- 2010 Member AIS Student Chapter Awards Committee
- 2010 Member Student Competition Workgroup
- 2007 Conference Committee, AIS Americas Conference on Information Systems 2007 Conference, Placement Chair
- 2006 Associate Editor, International Conference on Information Systems, General Track
- 2006 Session Chair, International Conference on Information Systems, General Track
- 2002-03 Section Editor, Business Driven Information Technology: Answers to 100 Critical Questions for Every Manager, D. R. Laube and R. F. Zammuto eds.
- 1998 Session Chair, AIS Americas Conference on Information Systems , Baltimore MD, Artificial Intelligence Track.
- 1996 Volunteer, AIS Americas Conference on Information Systems
- Ad hoc Reviewing Journalss
- ACM Transactions on the Web
- Annals of IS
- Asia Pacific Management Review
- Behaviour & Information Technology
- Communications of the ACM
- Computers & Education
- Decision Support Systems
- Electronic Commerce Research
- Electronic Commerce Research and Applications
- Electronic Markets
- e-Service Journal
- IEEE Transactions on Data and Knowledge Engineering
- Informatics for Health an Social Care
- Information & Management
- Information and Software Technology
- Information Sciences
- Information Systems Frontiers
- Information Systems Research
- International Journal of Electronic Commerce
- International Journal of Human Computer Interaction
- International Journal of Human-Computer Studies
- International Journal of Information Management
- Journal of Management Information Systems
- Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce
- Journal of Theoretical and Applied Electronic Commerce Research
- MIS Quarterly
- Software: Practice and Experience
Available upon request.
last updated January 2022